• Currently advises residential real estate clients, as an Associate Broker with RE/MAX Action Associates, in national and local real estate industry trends, valuation through local competitive market analysis, mortgage financing, new construction, land subdivision, home sales, and property selection process. Has been successful with the quick turnaround of recent home sales and extremely effective in reducing Seller costs for Buyer’s inspections.
• Previously, a highly focused 25+ year career in commercial real estate leasing, building development, acquisition, disposition, consulting, portfolio management, marketing, and tenant relations. Strong expertise in property and lease transactions, real estate advisory resources, land use and planning, property development and renovation, and property and facility management.
• Adapt at critical transaction negotiations and challenging relationships. Ability to communicate in public settings and persuasive in client/vendor interactions. Recently wrote a position letter to Governor of Delaware, Mayor of Wilmington, and Delaware Transportation Director to hold off new proposed bus routes detrimental to company’s office tower which received favorable attention and action.
• Ability to analyze real estate problems, conceptualize solutions, and innovatively resolve issues. Adept at property analysis and valuation and critical decision making. Maintains current knowledge of real estate markets, current trends, governmental policies, and regulations regarding land use and home building. Certified Commercial Investment Member of the CCIM Institute of the National Association of Realtors
KEY INNOVATIVE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Saved over $6,000 in proposed inspection costs for 2 separate Sellers—one as a credit negotiation by securing and utilizing several consultant reports and the other coordinating and handling for out-of-town Sellers the repair work directly with the contractors
• Assisted local Buyers with the purchase of their first home which appraised for more than $40,000 over their purchase price.
• Master-planned of two 50-acre office developments, consulted with five major corporations on the analysis of their real estate holdings, and assisted 3 built-to-suit clients with new development projects.
• Achieved county land development approvals for new industrial land acquisition in 6 ½ months when industry average was 9 months.
• Acquired 4-acre site on acceptable terms and developed new 50,000 sq. ft. medical office building from ground up with team of consultants obtaining government land development approval. Utilized creative building design to adapt to steep-sloping land site. 90% leased in 6 months.
• Sentry Park West (225,000 sq. ft. in Blue Bell, PA)—4-building office redevelopment. 2006 Philadelphia Business Journal Award for Best Renovation.
• Saved $1.5 million in transaction costs over 3 years by improving tenant improvement procedures and expenditures.
• Secured a $1.2 million lease buyout with a Fortune 500 tenant that enabled the company to fund its IPO expenses.
PERSONAL—Married, 4 grown children, resides in Wayne, PA
EDUCATION—BA Economics, Brigham Young University
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS—
• Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designation from the CCIM Institute of the National Association of Realtors— merited industry designation awarded to highly skilled experts in commercial and investment real estate.
• Pennsylvania Real Estate Broker’s License.
• Consultant (Project Review) with the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)—5 separate national consulting assignments.
• Boy Scouts of America—Scoutmaster for an urban Boy Scout Troop in West Philadelphia. Former council board member.
• YMCA—fundraiser (3rd highest in one year)
• Multiple Sclerosis fund raiser—two “City to Shore” Bike Rides